How May We Help You?
A powerful yet easy to manage voice, video, data, and mobility communications platform has never been more achievable than when anchored with Grandstream’s series of UCM IP PBXs. The UCM series of IP PBXs offer an extensive set of unified communication features in an easy-to-manage on premise solution with no licensing fees, upgrade fees or costs per features. Our UCMs range from small and medium business deployments to small and medium enterprise solutions.
Grandstream’s Conferencing Phones will transform your conferencing experience by offering features and flexibility not found in other conferencing devices.
Our High-End IP phones are designed for users who are often on the phone and need access to advanced features, line support and usability options. Get more done, handle more calls, and keep in touch with more people using Grandstream’s GXP2100 series.
An easy-to-setup extension module that is ideal for increasing call control efficiency for receptionists, executives or any high-volume user. Any attendant will enjoy maximized productivity by monitoring and dispatching multiple incoming calls with our Extension Modules.
Mobilizing communication within any network environment leads to increased efficiency and collaboration. The DECT series of cordless IP phones allow users to mobilize their VoIP network throughout any business, warehouse, retail store and residential environment.
Our Cordless WiFi IP phones are highlighted by the WP820, a portable WiFi phone designed to suit a variety of enterprises and vertical market applications, including retail, logistics, medical and security. It offers a powerful combination of features, mobility and durability to suit all portable telephony needs.
Grandstream Wave is a FREE softphone application that allows users to make and receive voice calls through up to 6 different business or residential SIP accounts on any Android™ or iOS™ device from anywhere in the world.
Most frequent questions and answers
- Press the message button
- Press * # 0000
- Enter the system password
- Press 1 to edit system prompts
- Enter 1001 for day and 1002 for the Night prompt
- Press 1 to listen to the current prompt. If this is not the prompt you want to
record press * *
- If this is the correct prompt press 3 to discard the current recording and begin
recording a new prompt
- Press 2 when finished and review the greeting. If the greeting is acceptable, press # to save
- Hang up
- From any display phone handset press the Transfer key and then dial 200
- Enter the 4 digit passcode (1234)
- Next Press 1 to for display; Enable CUS. PROG. – ENABLE, then Press the Transfer Key (TRSF)
- Press TRSF and then Dial 505 to Enter the Time & Date Program
- Enter the Date and Time using the following format
- The Time and Date format is as follows:
W (Day of the week, 0-6): Enter 0 for Sunday and 6 for Saturday.
MM (Month, 01-12): Enter 01 for January and 12 for December.
DD (Day of the Month): Enter a the day using 01–31.
YY (Year): Enter the last two digits of the year.
HH (Hours): Use a 24-hour clock with the time in the range 00–24.
MM (Minutes): Enter minutes using 00–59
- Next Press the Transfer Key (TRSF) to Save the new Date and Time